*** UPDATE*** Unfortunately due to sickness and low registrations, we have decided to cancel the event. We plan to host another inclusive event in 2023. Thank you for your support and understanding!
Join EPS officers and allies of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community for a yoga session and coffee chat afterwards! Choose to attend one or both parts of the event!
Date: Saturday November 19, 2022
Northwest Police Campus, 18440 127 St NW
Part 1) Yoga with Supt. Scott Jones in the facility gymnasium, 0700-0800hrs
Part 2) Coffee chats in a nearby conference room, 0800-1000hrs.
- The goal of this session is to discuss “Resiliency Tools”. The reality is that not only in policing, but in many careers, members of the queer community may face a variety of hurdles. Our presenters for this session will provide their own lens of what “tools” or words of wisdom they can pass on.
- Facilitators will include new presenters from all ranks within EPS and a 20+ year member from the Canadian Armed Forces. These facilitators are advocates for the 2SLGBTQIA+ community.
- Attendees can park in the front (east side) parking lot, at the main entrance to the building. ***Please wait at the front entrance for a facilitator to sign you in ***
- Please arrive ready in workout gear with a water bottle
- Hand sanitizer provided
- Please ensure you are still monitoring your symptoms and do not attend if you are feeling unwell
You can register for the event through this webpage and/or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A confirmation email with a reminder of the details will be sent out on Friday November 18, 2022.